Re: what is the best route for healing ard

Sat Aug 17 19:45:42 2002

I have been getting a deep tissue therapy called >myofascial release therapy. It feels like it sort of stretches the
>scarring out. has anyone ever heard of this and if it can be effective?
>Someone from the group wrote me and said that there is no massage
>therapy that can be effective for this. supposedly only surgery can
>work. Sorry for the long post. I am just venting and fishing for some
>hopeful answers. Best to all Flick
>

Flick,

YES YES YES, I had Massage work done for 4 weeks (3xs a week). It does work!!! Whom ever told you that it won't well, I would love to know what they do for a living...LOL

Before the massage treatments, I was looking at surgery also..Boy, I dreaded that idea. Someone told me about their massage therapist, and what she had done for him. I really never heard about "medical massage" prior to this, so I was uneasy at the thought of a "massage" therapist.

I just told myself..well, if it works, it would be worth it! So, I made an appointment. My therapist, Anne, actually sat down and talked to me for about 40 mins! WOW! Don't remember when I talked with a doctor for 15 mins..lol. She took out a muscle chart and explained to me about scar tissue, how it was formed and what massage can do to help brake up the adhesions. She was so wonderful! I felt very comfortable, because of the time she gave me to answer any questions I had.

Well, I have regained my range of motion, and the best part is...NO SURGERY was needed!

So, in closing, I would definitly consider massage. BUT MAKE SURE THE THERAPIST IS COMPENTENT! CHECK FOR CREDINTIALS! IF, they have none...NO, telling what you're getting.

There is two places you can check with, the National Certification board for therapeutic massage, and the American Massage Therapy Association. Believe me, I researched my therapist before the first appointment to make sure she would know what she was doing!

Talk Later, Susan, 37, La Place, La.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: