Re: Diet - Does it make a big difference

Wed Aug 21 09:35:56 2002

I recently did the allergy testing and it was quite an eye opener. I found out that I was allergic to chicken, one of my main stays. I'm also allergic to some species of fish, shrimp (WAHHH!!!!)and numerous other things. Some I was aware of, others were shocking. I'm also allergic to a chemical that goes in the making of tin cans therefore no more canned goods for me.

My doc currently has me on the Candida diet and I am to avoid all my allergy foods for 3 months. Than we will gradually reintroduce them on a rotational basis. What that means is I will only be able to add one thing and if I do okay I will only be able to eat that food every 4 days.

Since starting the specialized diet my tummy problems have gotten much more, although I still have alot of pain and swelling, but it is a different pain than the pain I was previously feeling. My tummy doesn't rumble like it used to.

I think that one of my problems is that I have several issues going on, so I'm taking it one step at a time. Perhaps one day someone will be able to figure out if adhesions are causing the rest of my problems.

Good luck, in my opinion I think that the allergy testing would be worthwhile. It certainly wouldn't hurt, I'm not sorry at all that I spent the $$$ and had it done.

At Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Josh wrote: >
>It sounds like i am perhaps on the right path then. Its good to hear
>you are finding the same results my changing diet this way.
>
>Three weeks ago i had no idea what to do as the pains were bad but this
>three week "Good run" has given me some cause for optimism and i hoping
>it isn't just coincidence.
>
>I'm thinking of going for one of these "Food Allergy tests" done at
>local health food shops as well, to see if perhaps i can fine tune
>things and find out if there is a troublesome food or ingredient i can
>identify also. Have you ever done one, my consultant reckons i have
>nothing to lose by doing it (other than the 50 pound cost)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: