Re: Meds and diet

Wed Aug 21 15:24:21 2002

I realize that all pain meds do not work for everyone. All I am trying to say is take an active preventative type of outlook. What I did changed my life completely. I do have break through times, but they are very few and far in between.

1. Use a heating pad, warm to hot bath, or peppermint oil over the areas that hurt. Peppermint oil is wonderful to help with the deep pain.

2. Be proactive. If it just barely starts to hurt, take something or do something don't wait until its too late. Your body acts off nerves and endorphines (Pain Receper/Responder). If you fack out the nerves or endorphines ahead of time, they are less likely to "Flare Up" as much.

3. Your diet should not have any effect on the pain. I drink tons of caffine and eats lots of veggies and the only real problem I have is pain from Blotting then it makes the adhesions flare up so I take gas x or beano before I eat these things.

I lived in misery for almost 4 years. The last year I could not work and I was in so much pain I thought I had cancer in my cervix/pelvis tummy area. Like a knife. These things worked for me and may not work for you, but anything is worth a shot.

Remember the main cause for pain in endometriosis is the presence of pitocin. This causes the contractions and pain. With adhesions, mere bloating can make them act up so be sure what your treating and what your symtoms are. -----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Nancy E. Hale Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 2:14 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Meds and diet

Robin made a very good point - medications work differently for each of us. By the same token, we all share some symptoms, but differ in others. Personally I have little to no bowel problems, other than being "slow" to move. I also don't find that what I eat affects the pain levels. I drink at least 5 to 6 cups of coffee a day, but on the days that I don't drink that much, the pain does not decrease any. Then again, I am able to indulge in fresh fruit and veggies, and I know some on the list cannot do so without agony.

As for pain control, Naproxen does not help my pelvic pain at all, but it does ease the joint tenderness and swelling that I have started experiencing the past few months. For the ARD pain, I use Oxycontin with Percocet for breakthrough. So far, so good - it has been effective in reducing the pain to a manageable level without significant side effects. I know some have not been that lucky, and have had serious side effects to these meds.

Welcome to all the newcomers, and my apologies for not being here to respond sooner. Unfortunately, my pain levels have not allowed me to "be" here as much as I would like. I am "in training" at this moment to enable me to moderate the Bombo Beach chat room this evening at 8:00 p.m. EST. Hope to see you there.

Gentle pain-free hugs to all.

Nancy in NB

Help spread the word. Find out more about National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week September 23-29, 2002, at http://www.invisibleillness.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: