Re: Diet - Does it make a big difference

Thu Aug 22 13:42:56 2002

I've read that caffeine dilates the blood vessels which increase your pain level. I, too, am a tea alholic. Try decaf, I know it's more expensive but worth it. Slowly wean yourself off of regular if you can't go cold turkey. Good Luck! Take Care, Rita

--- "K." <khosking@networkcountermeasures.com> wrote: > I have been told by one of my doctors that caffeine > has some sort > of effect on the intestines and by limiting my > intake it may help. > I very much enjoy my tea and this was somewhat > difficult for me to > do in the beginning but I have noticed a reduction > in pain for me at > least for now. When I indulge in a caffeine > craving, the pain > definetely > increases but doesnt increase with anything else > that I drink. - K. :) > > At Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Laura wrote: > > > >At Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Josh wrote: > >> > >>At Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Naildoc84@aol.com wrote: > >>> > >>>I have found that eating no red meat, and 5 > smaller meals a day instead of > >>>big meals three times a day helps quite a bit. > Eat lighter foods, with > >>>less fats, and think about how easily it can be > digested. My adhesions are > >>>around my intestines, and it helps me some. > >>>hope that helps. > >>>kris ann > >>I have found that I have a hard time with red meat > and pork. I also avoid popcorn,nut's,and seed's. I > have a lot of pain after eating,so I limit the > amount of food I take in,and have actually lost over > 20 pound's. The only good thing to come of this:) > >>Hi Kris, > >> > >>Thanks for the reply. > >> > >>That is kinda what i'm doing i guess but its good > to hear perhaps i'm on > >>the right path. > >> > >>Its interesting you mention fats and red meat. I > eat very little of > >>either but sometimes at the weekend i may treat > myself to a fried egg or > >>bacon or sausage and sometimes i get the problems > then kicking off (not > >>always). I have found these digestive aids > sometimes help with this > >>kind of food. > >> > >>Do you only get pain when you eat or does it come > other times also? > >> > >>-- > >>Josh > >> > > To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org > mailing list please go > to the unsubscribe form at > http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs http://www.hotjobs.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: