masses found and severe pain

Wed Aug 28 14:04:34 2002

I am new here, so I didn't know where to start. But I wanted to reply to some of the concerns I was seeing. Back in December 2001, a doctor found a mass the size of a large grapefruit on my right ovary. The pain to me wasn't great because I have a high tolerance, but was told should be unbearable. But anyway the doctors removed the ovary in March. They should have took the left one also but choose not to. It also had one the size of a large orange. By the time the surgeons got around to doing the surgery the one on my left had ruptured and all they did was clean it up. My surgery in March took 7 hours, they said mostly because of the adhesions. Now I have to go back in and have that one removed. As far as the BM pain, I have been on medications since I was in my early 20's. Talk to your doctor about Collace or citracel... they have seem to help ease some of the pain and make it easier for me to have a BM. Now I don't spend a hour in the bathroom. Also my doctors said part of my problem was that the intestines had moved and attached themselves all over my abdominal walls and thats part of what made it hard for me to go. Also my doctor has me on Librax....he said it was to help calm the spasms and pain down. And for me it does help. Good Luck to all and prayers be with us, we need it, with this mess we have to live with. Oh and one last thing, if your doctor does not talk to you the way you think he needs to find another, I found out too late and 2 of my surgeons mutilated part of my body. So of course I found another surgeon. Remember it's your body and they work for you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: