Re: FIRE /Sally

Thu Aug 29 02:41:58 2002

Sally,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Sunny as you face yet another stumbling block. I have been very concerned for my aunt and uncle who have property on Black Butte Ranch in Oregon. While they were here in July they learned of the big fire that was started within a mile or two of their property. I haven't heard any news since they left, but I have been praying daily. We certainly are given enough to worry about aren't we? Two weeks ago while I was in the hospital we had a huge storm. Lightning struck the neighbors tree and a large branch fell on top both my daughter's van and my car. Luckily, her van didn't suffer too much damage and it helped to break the fall of the branch and lessen the damage to my car. The car suffered a broken rear window and enough dents to cause several thousand dollars worth of damage. The worst of it is that because of my money situation, I didn't have insurance. Given that I began getting VA disability, I was going to add the insurance, but that never happened because I was in the hospital. I have no idea how I will cover the damage. I am not going to stress it though. I figure that somehow, somewhere I will be able to get it done. Sally, continue to pray and have faith that God will watch over you and Sonny and that while we may be tested, there is nothing that we cannot overcome.

God's blessings to you!

Love,

--
Karla

Somewhere up in the stars................. My angel and me!

http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001 http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Sally Grigg To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 5:23 PM Subject: FIRE /Sally

Sunny, my husband, has just been called on a major fire just north of us, I got his gear out, his boots, his radio, his special heavy fire resistant pants and coat and hat and sent him off with his radio and his fire truck (an old timer, he rebuilt) to face a conflagration. I forgot to give him a jug of water.

It's hot, and dry and very windy. Maybe they will get it in time. Please who ever is listening, please pray hard as you can. These men go out there, the terrain is mountainous and filled with trees and brush. Its thousands of acres of redwoods and goes straight up and down, the worse condition for a fire. And there are only a few men. With luck no one will be hurt, and it will not come this way. If it comes this way we can not stop it.

Years ago, he and another man put out a fire all on their own. But he was younger then. God help us if it gets out of hand too quickly. Thank you. I know its not a subject for the board, but you are my friends and family, I need your moral support. Love, Sally Grigg

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: