Hello to All

Thu Aug 29 17:58:29 2002

Hello Everyone! Hope that all who made it into the Bombo chat room last night enjoyed themselves. I did, as usual.

I haven't been posting much. Pain levels have been high, stamina has been low. My legs ache badly after only an hour or so at the compute. My knees are swollen and tender, and other joints are going the same way - hands, wrists, shoulders, hips, feet - not sure what is causing it, but could be rheumatoid arthritis setting in, as I am genetically predisposed to that. Doctor's appointment on Tuesday, will discuss it with her then.

Brokenwing, I enjoyed having you in the chat room last night. Hang in there girl.

Cheryl, thank you for the giggles you keep sending me. Keep up the good work.

Clare, I'm glad to see you standing up to help the newcomers to the site. And I also enjoyed talking with you last week. Thank you for calling.

Dawn, I'm not sure if I have welcomed you or not, if not, welcome. I agree, there are times that an ice pack is "just what the doctor ordered", especially for my legs and calves. Sometimes when they get achy and crampy, I will lie back on the sofa with an ice pack right behind my knees. It does help for a while, better at least than the heating pad. But the heating pad is the trick for my lower back. And my tummy depends on the day - sometimes heat works best, sometimes ice.

Debra, aren't frozen veggies just the greatest? ;-) They fit your sore spots so well.

Janice, good to see you posting again. I hope you enjoyed your trip, but I'll bet you're glad to be home again.

Karla, you know my prayers are with you, sweetie. We will catch up one of these nights and have a good chat.

Laura, You will see my thoughts on the ice v. heat above. When you use heat, please be sure to use moist heat, it seems to penetrate better. Good luck on the 12th, and I will be praying.

Lynn, you have really taken a stand in guiding some of the other newcomers. Thank you for being there when someone needs support.

MeGaaA, welcome. You don't say where in Ontario you are, but if you bring up the Adhesions Quilt, way down at the bottom of the page is an option to sort the Quilt entries by location. Click on that, and it will reload the Quilt based on where the person is located. That is the best way I can suggest to show you that you are not alone in this fight, and may even have someone in your own area who knows exactly what you are going through. Brenda and Clare are both in Ontario as well. I'm in New Brunswick.

Kris Ann, it is good to see you also supporting the group by sharing your experiences. God bless you, Hon.

Rowdy Rosey, I wish you enough too, my friend. Always enough.

Bobbi, Helen D. recently posted a link to the Pain Patient's Rights. Please look through the archives to find it, print out the information from that page, and deliver it to your surgeon's office and to your doctor's office. I am praying that someone will listen to you before it is too late. Hang in there.

Tami, I still have your e-mail in my in-box to be replied to, but....you know the story. Trying to get Shawn ready to go back to school, trying to keep up with the house and garden, trying to live through the pain, etc. I will get to it soon, I promise.

Wendy, welcome. For you and MeGaaA, both, I have a link I want to pass on to you which was first posted by Helen D - Pain Awareness in Nova Scotia at http://www.angelfire.com/il/ChronicPain/ has some wonderful info for Canadians in chronic pain. If it applies in one province, it should apply in all of them. Good luck.

And now it is pill-time, potty-time, rest-time. Have a good evening all.

Gentle, pain-free hugs to all,

Nancy in NB

Help spread the word. Find out more about National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week September 23-29, 2002, at http://www.invisibleillness.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: