Adhesions

Fri Aug 30 10:51:47 2002

Summer of 2000 I had laparoscopy done to help the doctor figure out what was causing all of my pain. He discovered adhesions had attached my lower bowel to the abdominal wall and an ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball. The cyst was drained and adhesions removed. The adhesions were a mystery as I had never had any abdominal surgery in the past. I had major back surgery (to correct scoliosis) 16 years ago which he said could be a possibility or he said something I ate may have irritated my bowels to cause it. Anyway, beginning in June, my pain has returned with a vengeance. From what I remember, it appears worse this time. And, in addition, I am having problems with BMs. It hurts really bad to go to the bathroom and very little comes out. I have also been spotting a little, too. I have been on birth control pills for 12 years and have never spotted until last week, so I'm not sure what this is about. I still have two weeks before my doctor’s appointment. I am rationing what little pain pills I have to get me to that date. But it’s all I can do to get up in the mornings and put in a full day at work. My husband is a full time student (one year left!!) and does not work. We are waiting until he graduates to begin our family. But sometimes the pain can just seem unbearable. I am only 30 but feel so much older. Well, thanks for letting me vent some. Although I wouldn’t wish this on anyone, I was glad to discover this website and to see that others have been where I am.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: