Re: What is ERCP?

Sat Aug 31 22:04:04 2002

Thankyou Helen for the post on ERCP. You maybe aware that at present I have an enlarged common bile duct. At first the DRs thought that it was due to infection but my white cell count and blood cultures came back normal. I have had ultra sound, CT scan and now I am having an MRI and then the ECRP so the info has come at a very good time for me. I JUST WISH THE WHOLE SAGA of adhesions and related disorders would just go away and my sincere thanks for all the information you post on the message board. Thankyou Annie

At Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>X> What is ERCP? This brochure will help you understand why ERCP is performed and what you can expect from the procedure.
>
>http://www.gastro.org/public/ercp.html
>
>"ERCP can be helpful when there is a blockage of the bile ducts by gallstones, tumors, scarring or other conditions that cause obstruction or narrowing (stricture) of the ducts. Similarly, blockage of the pancreatic ducts from stones, tumors, or stricture can also be evaluated or treated by ERCP, which is useful in assessing causes of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)."
>
>1.) What Can You Expect During an ERCP?
>
>2.) What are the Possible Complications from an ERCP?
>
>3.) What Can You Expect after Your ERCP?
>
>4.) HOW ERCP WORKS

--
Annie H

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: