can surgical adhesions be diagnosed by sonogram?

Thu Sep 5 10:13:42 2002

In the beginning I was diagnosed with cysts on the ovaries. After several sonograms & bc pills to check how they were over the course of 4 months my doctor thinks it might be endo. I have had 2 children via c-section. After the delivery of the first the adhesions caused my uterus to attatch to my abdominal wall. Delivery of the second caused the uterus to rip from the adhesion. This is a new doc & it doesn't mention the full extent of the trauma in my records. He was considering larascopy & upon finding this out has opted for a laparotomy. If it just adhesions from previous surgery causing my pain he is reluctant to do the surgery because husband & I want to have another child. Is there anyway to tell the difference without having to do the laparotomy? I know that endo will not show up on a sonogram. If they are surgical adhesions will they show up via sonogram? I have constant pain & sensitivity in my lower abdomen. I have relied on pain meds given to me in the ER for abdominal pain. I take them 3 times a week when it is really bad. I don't know if they are adhesions or if there is something else. Could anyone help me? I looked in archives & couldn't really find something that says they can be seen via ultrasound. Thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: