Re: Severe side pain-Pancreatitis

Sat Sep 14 23:42:37 2002

Dear Helen G:

Gosh Helen, this sounds exactly like my pain under my right rib after looking up pancreatitis. The weight loss especially as I've lost 20lbs and keep asking the doctors why (what organ could be involved that would make me lose weight and not be able to put it back on. This pain is severe at times and other times I can keep it under control, but it is always there. This pain started approximately 3 months after my hysterectomy in 99. Now I've been through numerous blood tests, had an adhesiolysis, ct scans, sonogram, x-ray and they still don't know what it is. I just went to the ER a few weeks ago and had all the tests done again except a CT scan. I read where this can be caused by surgery, abdominal truama and I have a lot of the symptoms; weight loss, rib pain that comes and goes and is excrutiating (can feel like a knife sticking in my rib) or like it is on fire and radiating throughout my whole rib area and even into the back, hurts more when I eat, don't feel like eating at times. Well, guess I better get right on this and get some more blood work done, but seems like they would have caught it by now (over 2 years). Do you know if they specifically have to be looking for it or something in your blood tests would show up abnormal? I'm at the point where I want to go to the ER again as the pain is so bad. The adhesion pain is enough and it would be great to find out that this isn't adhesions in this area but pancreatitis. Never thought I would be wanting a disease.

In friendship,

Hell-yun)

>I just wanted to reply to your message about severe side pain, I had
>exactly the same as you, kept on having these attacks of pain after my
>gallbladder was removed an

d my doctor would say it's proberly adhesion >pain. Had my 3rd attack inn May and I decided to go to the hospital, 9
>days later I got home, it was pancreatitis. So what I am saying is
>don't let your doctor fob you off by diagonising everything as adhesion
>pain, it could be something else.
>I know how bad the pain can be with the side pain, so next time it
>happens go and have it checked out, go to the ER, because if it is
>pancreatitis you will need to be hospitalised, it can be very dangerous.
>
>regards
>Helen G Australia.

--
Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: