Adhesions I think?

Thu Sep 26 00:38:47 2002

I am a 34 yr old female with occasional nausea, vomiting only 2 times so far since sept. 1st. heaviness in the pelvic region. Pain which is weird, it moves around but sometimes is so sharp I can't even touch my stomach where the pain is. They have done ultrasounds, x-rays, blood tests. All which seem to be normal, except for the x-ray. They found a 5 - 8 mm calcific mass in my abdominal mid pelic left side. They say I don't have a blockage, but I have trouble with my bowel movements, sometimes not for 3-5 days, and then I have the urgency to go but I can't. I am not constipapted. I have lots of air and olots of "poop" in my bowels. I have trouble sleeping. Urinate often. Pain most of the day, more towards the end of the day. I work in a hospital in the ER department, had an attack the other day, I was so embarrassed. The pain finally went away after morphine, my face was white as a ghost. Oh and I also have moderate prolapse of the uterus.

My surgeries include 2 c-sections, 1 tubaligation, 1 donor nephrectomy, 1 appendectomy. So from 1984 to 1998 I have had a total of 5 surgeries. That is not too bad I don't think. But my pain can be overwhelming at times. I live in Charleston, S.C. I have an appointment with a gyn at MUSC tomarrow, I am affraid they are going to send me to a gi doctor, when I really feel they should just go in and do a laparscopy ASAP. I think that will tell them what my problem is. I am on Bentyl and Loratab I don't like to take pain pills and oxycotton is a very dangerous drug to all those on it. So I will never take that one. I only have one kidney, so my pain pills are very limited, and I have to work for a living. So I deal with the pain and take my medicine when I get home. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jackie

You can e-mail me personnally at Hensle_j@bellsouth.net I check my email in the mornings.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: