pain meds & pain management clinics

Sun Sep 29 13:33:47 2002

Hello to all and healing hugs too. I participated in this forum a few years ago for awhile. In January 2001 I had extensive adhesiolyses (sp.?) surgery....took 6 hrs. Anyway it was done in the San Francisco bay area. So I left IAS at that time....and of course, it was the usual story, I had about a year of semi-pain free living. Now the pain is back with a vengeance. My two questions are:

1. What pain meds do you find to be most effective? I just recently quit taking Norco and have started with Percocet. My doctor wants me to take only 3 a day. Some days I can do that....other days the pain is too much I need more. I am wondering what might be the most effective med available. I'm concerned about the amount of acetaminophen I'm digesting.

2. My doctor wants to refer me to a pain management clinic. The problem is that it is a 2 1/2 hr. drive away. Traveling is hard for me.....I also suffer from interstitial cystitis of the bladder. Are the clinics helpful? What do they do there? Any info would be appreciated.

I found this website again because of a message posted last year re: belly button area pain. This past week I have been experiencing a new area of pain. My belly button area feels like it does the day after lap. surgery. Now the pain is radiating out toward my hips. It gets worse as the day goes on, worse with eating and eases a bit with a bowel movement. Anyone experiencing this type of pain??

Thanks for listening....sorry to be so lengthy. I'd appreciate any input received. Wishing you all pain free days....

--
Verna

--
Verna
Anxious to hear from you either here at the board or at verna@mcn.org.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: