Home from the Fair

Tue Oct 1 11:44:14 2002

Dear All I finally have recouperated enough from the fair to sit & read a bit. My son(Jacob, a Senior this year) took his 2 pigs to the fair this year. He has been showing for 5 years and has never won a ribbon at all. This year, he did it all himself. Picked out the pigs, paid for them, paid for all the feed & took care of them on his own. He won 3rd & 5th place ribbons for them. the 3rd place one went to sale. He auctioned it off for $1,300.00. The auctioniar, helped a great deal by saying it was his first time in 5 years to make it to the ring & he was determined & that his nick name was "Pork Chop" He only had $310. in both of the pigs. The other pig is going in our freezer. Most pigs that don't make the sale get about $200. He is nice enough to give us a discount!! LOL we only have to pay $150 & he said he would take payments LOL. We had a good time there. I rented an electric 3 wheel cart that got me around everywhere! Since I can't walk much these days because of the pain, it sure saved me & I got to really enjoy the fair for the first time in several years. Also, I got to talking with the OWNER of our local paper, she said she would write an artical for me personally. This would get the word out about ARD & my hopefully soon (Jan) trip back to Germany for surgery & hopefully get some donations to help me. Her kids also raise pigs & she really likes our son. As soon as I am feeling better & can get with her, we will do the article. I will keep you up dated on it. love to all robin M

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: