Re: Mary Wade's suggestions for coping...

Tue Oct 8 15:41:23 2002

I'd like to say that I agree with all these suggestions. Except I follow my own diet. The one thing I would like to add is that when I am lying down with heat I also place something green (scarf or towel will do) over my eyes which casts a green tone to my inner eye. Green (the color of spring) is known for healing quality. I can remember when the only color in hospitals was green. They knew, just didn't tell us. But your favorite color will do as well. That which pleases you is good for your system.

Marla

At Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>From: Mary Wade (acbcsrt@kansas.net); Sun Nov 12 20:11:38 2000
>
>Here are some things that make me feel a little better on a day-to-day basis.
>
>* Heat--long hot baths.
>
>* Heat pad feels good, too.
>
>* Low residue diet. I follow the Mayo Clinic low residue diet that is on the web.
>
>* Laughter. I make a conscious effort to find joy and laughter in every nook and cranny I can find. It's difficult sometimes but those endorphines do help.
>
>* To some degree, I'd say the same goes for exercise for me....if you can do some of it without it aggravating your pain, do it.
>
>Give yourself the credit due you for being a brave person in the face of a difficult situation. Keep in touch. There are others here who understand.
>
>In friendship, Mary

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: