How it began...

Mon Oct 14 09:43:47 2002

Dear All, I have not postedon the IAS board for quite some time & have been reading some posts with interest. I find that the same old story comes thru to us all. We have our initial surgery & we go home. Supposely we are meant to get better but there is a few of us who never ever fully recover from surgery. Yes we have that pain, a pain that gives no answeres to any tests we have. Finally, after much suffering, loss of family, loss of incomes, loss of one's self respect, some kind Doctor does do a diagnostic laprascope AND bingo we have our answer!! Endometroisis and yes ADHESIONS. No cure but just more suffering, pain, high medical costs and a loss of some form of a quailty life. I,too, Helen, & all who read this have suffered for 36 years, been to hell & back, had every conceivable treatment for adhesions but still have to face the fact that I will never ever lead a normal life again. I will have a life of pain and more pain. But in saying all that I do have a really good team of doctors who do care for me & are trying to make my life as comfortable as possible. I don't want any more surgery. After 22 ops & numerous scopes I've called it a day. Adhesions do cause other problems as I've just discovered, so I'm going to be MY manager & except what treatment I feel is best for me. I will research all my options and do what I want to do. I will listen to my doctors but whether I follow there plans or not will depend on what I find out from exploring ALL paths & avenues no matter how long it takes May God bless ALL sufferers, Annie

--
Annie H

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: