Re: Tish, patch information

Tue Oct 15 12:12:04 2002

Dear Chrissie, >From all ive read on the board...most folks with adhesions do not really
benefit from having the nerve block..done..when i first went to pain management i was 100% ready to take nerve blocks to see if perhaps i would be the one person that did get some relief from them..but when i got to my Drs office the day i was to get my nerve blocks..My Dr had come to he ias website and researched..the possibility of the blocks being successful...(at my request) and he decided that the blocks would probably not be effective for me..and he decided to try a different approach..that is when he gave me duragesic patches with lorcet 10 for breakthrough...and while i have never ever been completely pain free..at least the pain is manageable now. So perhaps you could research about Nerve Blocks here at the IAS website..and maybe print off all the material you can that is pro or con for someone with ARD..and take this info to your pain Dr..and ask him to read it..and then make an informed decision about whether or not to give you nerve blocks.. Some Drs are open to reading the material and some are not..so its certainly worth a shot..huh.. Please feel free to email me any time..at CookieTish@aol.com or wrie to me right here..whichever you prefer..ok hugs and Love... tish

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: