ANTHEA NESBITT PROVES WE DO HAVE A VOICE!!

Wed Oct 16 23:05:58 2002

Hello to all my wonderful IAS friends and family. As you know for the last almost two months we have been working on an awareness campaign for ARD. Well Anthea Nesbitt has proven that we do indeed have a voice and a story that people want to hear.

Anthea, Browkenwing, Shawna French and I urge EACH of you to visit the press gallery on http://www.bombobeach.com and READ all the wonderful articles and letters we have managed to publish so far.

This is JUST the beginning, we have made a very detailed and careful plan, and we are following it TO THE LETTER, and it proves that “we don't PLAN to fail we fail to plan!!

By working out exactly what our goals and reasons for this mission are, we have managed to be organised and professional and get our stories published.

How has this made those with published letters and articles feel? FANTASTIC!! The bonus to all this is we have managed to put a positive spin on our daily challenges and illness, we feel proud of ourselves and although we still feel our pain, we can hold our heads high, we aren't hiding in a corner waiting for help, we are SEEKING out the help ourselves.

I promise each of you, writing a letter to the editor of your local paper will make you feel amazing. If it doesn't manage to get published, that's ok too, because YOU made an effort and that is SO important. If you have the courage, call the paper and ask why your letter wasn't published and what you need to do to make that happen.

Below this long-winded message (as usual hehehe) is Anthea Nesbitt’s message to all of you. I am so proud of Anthea, she has taken on the role of coordinator and was nervous, but she has proved to herself and everyone else just what kind of strength she has.

Congratulations Anthea, I am so proud of you and I am proud to have you as a friend.

Love and warm gentle hugs to everyone, Jo

Now here's Anthea:

Posted by Anthea on October 16, 2002 at 22:42:12:on http://www.bombobeach.com

Dear Everyone, We have such good news to share. Our publicity campaign is working !!!!! The letter campaign has lead to some exciting networking with the print media !!!!!! I had the opportunity to work with a reporter from the Columbus Dispatch[ here in Ohio] and the article he did for all of US was published on Tuesday of this week in the Dispatch. The article took up the whole first page of the Accent section, with huge headlines !!!!! Dennis Fiely[the reporter] has done a wonderful job of putting this awareness of ARD into the public eye. He highlighted the plight of one of our fellow sufferers in Dayton, Ohio. He has received many calls and e-mails and so have I. I am currently in contact with another reporter in Ohio. I have also met with a very good free-lance writer who is writing a story about ARD. She will be submitting this to many national publications when it is completed.The point is, each of us can make a difference. As Jo has said,"We are taking small bites from this huge elephant[ARD]".Each small bite WILL help in a BIG way. Please consider writing a letter-to-the-editor to your local newspaper. The information to help you do this is on bombobeach.com [ Sept. news letter] and check out the Press Gallery to see all the articles and letters already posted. This is the grass-roots effort that I have been talking about for weeks now.It proves that this method DOES work. Please join the ride of advocacy awareness, consider that your VOICE does count.The power is in each of us to make a difference. Love and Comfy Hugs, Anthea

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: