Looking for someone to help another ARD Friend

Thu Oct 17 18:04:57 2002

Hi, my name is Karen Carter. I am also an ARD Sufferer and my story is on the quilt. Recently I have been corresponding with another one of our ARD Friends on the board, I am very concerned about her. Her name is Bobbi, some of you may know her by the name "Sugarbear110263." She lives in Arkansas. She is in much pain and has no insurance at the moment. She unfortunately missed an important doctor appointment that was over 200 miles from her home today. They told her that the next available appointment for her wouldn't be until Feb. 2003. That is so hard to believe.

I am wondering if there is someone in the Arkansas area that also suffers from Adhesions that is a Patient Advocate in that area that may be willing to get her some help. She has gone to ER after ER and they flat out refuse to help her. I know when I needed help her in the Mid-Atlantic Region, my Patient Advocate was Helen Chalmers, and she put me in touch with Pain Management here locally and got me the help I needed within two weeks time. She even went as far as calling my doctor and getting the referral that I was flat refused by. I am wondering if there is someone with similar experience could guide Bobbi in the right direction. I am afraid for her. She says she knows without the help she fears she will die from Adhesion Related Disease. I don't want that to happen. I fear for her!

I am pleading for another sufferer that may read this and know of her situation or that lives within reasonable driving distance to her can help steer her in the right direction and get her the proper pain management and doctor referral. Thank you all for listening to me. Just another friend who suffered from ARD willing to do my best to see that another ARD Sufferer can have some pain relief.

In Health and Prayer, Karen Carter

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: