Re: FDA panel votes against LifeCore surgical adhesion product

Wed Oct 23 22:00:18 2002

At Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>[ Note: You may need to type this website onto the address line of your computer. ]
>
>[] January 14, 2000 - FDA panel votes against LifeCore surgical adhesion product.
>
>http://mdchoice.com/pt/news.asp?rowid=145506&title=FDA+panel+votes+a ainst+LifeCore+surgical+adhesion+product

I need some help desperately. I have had numerous intestinal surgeries..and have horrible problems with adhesions. I have had small bowel resections and a colon resection. I now have an abdominal hernia and horrible adhesions again, pluuling the abdomen. I just got out of the hsoital again with an intesinal obstruction. I am 49 years old and this has been going for 8 years.

I have heard there is aproduct..maybe a gel..that can be used to put over organs to prevent adhesions from growing..is thsi that product????? what is happening in some surgery centers.?????? I am in el Paso Texas and no one will even do surgery anymore because the case is so somplicated. I am now waiting to get in to a hospital in albuquerque, NM waitng 2 months for a surgery date. Previously had surgery here...alsmot lost my entire small intestien the adhesions were so bad..it is like a junlgle and vines.

Please , any information you can provide, hospitals, Drs i can talk to ...patients..anyone. I am desperate for some help. Haven't found much on line yet. Hoping someone out there has some information. Thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: