Re: Social Secutrity Disability

Thu Oct 24 00:01:00 2002

I am more than happy to assist anyone that would like help. I would also like to say that I never intended to insult or be argumentative with anyone. Perhaps the state agency handling the cases in Florida did not get all of the records for the person's claim....I can't argue that one. I do know that the agencies here, (I have filed in both Wisconsin and Michigan) contacted each and every doctor and hospital that I told them about to get medical records. It is a shame if they did not do that. My only reason for even responding was to let people know exactly how it works. It does not matter which state you live in when it comes to being denied and hiring an attorney. The hearing stage of appeals occurs after two denials. A person files their original claim....gets denied....files for a reconsideration...gets denied...and then files for a hearing. This is the stage where most people hire an attorney. The third denial would only leave an appeal to the appeals council. At this stage you don't even get a hearing before a judge. The judges decision is reviewed, but very few (according to Social Security statistics that number is 1%) are overturned. Once again, I am not here trying to cause problems....just trying to set the record straight and assist anyone who would like assistance.

Karla

Karla, Thank you for the info on SSD you posted. I hope you are available to answer specific questions if they come up here. Having someone that knows the ins and outs of how it works would help a lot of people who read this message board. In my experience, I did qualify for the SSD but I guess it was because of how my doctor answered the questions. I know I have seen many questions from people who did not qualify, so your help would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Debby

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: