Re: FDA panel votes against LifeCore surgical adhesion product...Chrissy - New Jersey

Thu Oct 24 14:50:02 2002

Chrissy - New Jersey,

I, Helen D., posted the website address for this topic in March 22, 2000.

Marcia K. McGaw(MKayMcGaw@aol.com) posted it Oct 23 22:00:18 2002.

~ ~ ~ ~

Re: FDA panel votes against LifeCore surgical adhesion product From: MYSTICALMAGICK2@aol.com Thu Oct 24 08:01:29 2002

HEY HELEN: I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR WHAT U R GOING THREW! I AM 34 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM, MY INTESTINES ARE ALL CEMENTED TOGEHER BY THESE HORRIBLE THICK, STICKY, GLUEY ADHESION'S!!! THEY R JUST LIKE A JUNGLE!!!!

I REALLY HAVE NO NEWS 4 U, BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN EVERY SURGEON IN MY AREA (NEW JERSEY) AND NO DOCTOR WILL PERFORM THE SURGERY ON ME AND PLUS THE GEL STUFF THATS OUT? ITS NOT BEEN FINALLY "FDA APPROVED" , HERE IN THE US, YET.

I AM CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN PAIN MANAGEMENT AND THEY HAVE ME ON TWO TYPES OF MEDICATION'S CALLED: OXYCONTIN AND OXYCODONE (FOR THE BREAKTHREW PAIN). I HATE BEING ON THIS MEDICATION IS IT IS ADDICITNG!! BUT IT TAKES MY PAIN AWAY AND I CAN FUNCTION AND HAVE A NORMAL , FULL QUALITY OF LIFE.

IM SORRY TO BE SENDING YOU THIS...WITH NO GOOD NEWS, BUT I DO SEE THERE ARE ALOT OF WOMEN HERE, GETTING TOGEHTER TO GO TO GERMANY AND HAVE THIS OPERATION DONE. BUT THE WORST THING IS ABOUT IT IS: ADHESIONS ALWAYS COME BACK AFTER ANY TYPE OF SURGERY, ESPECIALLY ABDOMINAL SURGERY!!!! IT IS YOUR BODY'S NATURAL WAY OF HEALING ITSELF FROM BEING CUT OPEN, LITERALLY!!

IF YA EVER WANNA CHAT AND NEED SUPPORT, YOU MAY EMAIL DIRECTLY AT MY ADDRESS WHICH IS AS FOLLOWS:

MYSTICALMAGICK2@AOL.COM

GOOD LUCK !!

HUGS & LOVE TO YOU!!

CHRISSY - NEW JERSEY

~ ~ ~ ~

Re: FDA panel votes against LifeCore surgical adhesion product; From: Marcia K. McGaw(MKayMcGaw@aol.com) Wed Oct 23 22:00:18 2002

At Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Helen Dynda wrote: > >[ Note: You may need to type this website onto the address line of your computer. ]
>
>[] January 14, 2000 - FDA panel votes against LifeCore surgical adhesion product.
>
>http://mdchoice.com/pt/news.asp?rowid=145506&title=FDA+panel+votes+a ainst+LifeCore+surgical+adhesion+product

I need some help desperately. I have had numerous intestinal surgeries..and have horrible problems with adhesions. I have had small bowel resections and a colon resection. I now have an abdominal hernia and horrible adhesions again, pluuling the abdomen. I just got out of the hsoital again with an intesinal obstruction. I am 49 years old and this has been going for 8 years.

I have heard there is aproduct..maybe a gel..that can be used to put over organs to prevent adhesions from growing..is thsi that product????? what is happening in some surgery centers.?????? I am in el Paso Texas and no one will even do surgery anymore because the case is so somplicated. I am now waiting to get in to a hospital in albuquerque, NM waitng 2 months for a surgery date. Previously had surgery here...alsmot lost my entire small intestien the adhesions were so bad..it is like a junlgle and vines.

Please , any information you can provide, hospitals, Drs i can talk to ...patients..anyone. I am desperate for some help. Haven't found much on line yet. Hoping someone out there has some information. Thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: