Re: Karla and SSDI

Sat Oct 26 01:40:40 2002

Cheryl, A word of warning to you and others who receive Social Security. You do not automatically continue to receive benefits for the rest of your life. All people receiving disability are scheduled for a review of disability. I believe that it is set up for a minimum of four years after you are first found disabled. Depending on your disability it could be longer....and some people, very rarely, do not have to undergo reviews. I wouldn't get all bent out of shape about this. Just continue to keep records of the doctors you see as well as the tests that you undergo. Quite frequently the government will fall years behind in their reviews. I believe that in my first ten years of receiving benefits, I was reviewed only once. But do not ignore the fact that this could occur. I was going to check to see when my review was but I forgot to ask. Will do it next time I am in there. God Bless, Karla Cheryl <woodenflower52@aol.com> wrote:Thank you for your response, Karla. I am currently receiving SSD and was worried they could just all of a sudden throw me off it. That was why I asked why you had it twice. Thanks again. Are you feeling any better lately? You have been thru sooo much and I think of you quite a bit. Your message has truly gotten thru to me. I will NOT have any more surgery until adhesions can be prevented from returning..or until a full obstruction that can't be fixed any other way. Your friend, Cheryl Cole

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: