Bobbi Update

Sun Oct 27 18:18:13 2002

Hi Every ..hope yall are at least comfy today..OI just wanted to let you know how Bobbi is doing.. The Dr came today while Richard and i were visiting..and he said that he was able to run the scope all the way to Bobbis small intestine which is a good thing..no obstructions..but when the Dr who took part of her colon out..resected it in a very strange way which will probably cause her some difficulty from now on....but not a whole lot..and that her elimination time was pretty long..causing some distress..but he said he could find no maajor reason for so much pain and the chronic diarrea..so he thinks that possibly it is an over abundance of bacteria...that causes a gas to form..and therefore a slimy type substance..and the end result is chronic diarrea..and terrible pain.. So he is going to start a regimine of antibiotics..and some other meds to try to get this slowed down..(he said in any other circumstance he would do surgery) but with Bobbi already having had so many surgerys and her problem with adhesions that was out of the question... Meanwhile they are giving her demerol and phenergan every 2 hours..and this help but does not ever completely stop the pain....so they are thinking of trying something else...to try and get her completely comfy for now. She is also running a low grade fever right now.. The Dr said he wont even consider sending her home until he can get some of these symptoms stabilized..and find a way to get her comfy.. She sure doesnt feel very good..right now bless her heart..so lets keep praying for her ok... I just dont know if i will be able to go and visit her tomorrow..all of this running around etc is getting me down..so i may rest tomorrow..but my family will visit her anyway.. I am taking each and every one of yalls emails to Bobbi....your well wishes..so please keep them coming they really do brighten the day for her..so keep sending them to my personal email ok.. much Love and hugs to all.. Tish

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: