Re: SprayGel and adhesions

Mon Oct 28 19:39:58 2002

I have to wait until January & when I raise all the money I need to go to Germany & have surgery with DR Korell & the spray gel. It is showing wonderful results. I am on the Duragesic patch 75 & lots of Vicodin 10 mg for break through pain. I have tried the MS Contin & Oxy Contin, which are the 2 other long acting meds for pain, but they all work about the same for me. Finding a Dr that will prescribe pain meds is sometimes hard, but most of us have done it. The Dr I have now, the first time I went to her, several years ago, the first thing she did was double my pain meds. My pain is still out of control, so I spend most of my time on the bed or the couch. Depression meds sometimes help with the pain. Depression & pain usually go hand in hand, but I had my depression many years before my pain. I also have some other problems with my bladder & resently I started some natural dietary supplements that keep my intestines working. I had been on many presciption meds, but nothing worked for the constipation, partial blockages. I also have not been sleeping all night since my open abdominal hernia surgery in June & will be tested next month for sleep apnia. Also, I now think I have adhesions around my belly button from the hernia surgery. My oxygen levels have been low & they drop even lower when I sleep. I also have problems with my knees. The inside of the knee cap is rubbing on the femur bone on both knees & hurts all the time. Sorry about how long it is, I don't do a lot of posting since sitting for very long makes me hurt even more. I hope you enjoy this site. You will get lots of info & support here. robin M

At Mon, 28 Oct 2002, J. wrote: >
>I'm new to this board and just starting my desperate search for some
>relief. I have had severe adhesions since approx. 1996 and have had
>several surgeries including a hysterectomy and a oophorectomy in March
>of 2002 and now have severe pain again. Obviously I am gun-shy of the
>knife and don't wish to be in the hospital once again. However, I am
>wanting to learn more from people who have had the surgery with SprayGel
>(does it last?) and has it, or is it going to be, available here yet???
>
>Away from surgery, has anyone had any luck with pain management? If so,
>what have they used to alleviate the pain???
>
>Any help is truly appreciated as I truly can't live this way anymore.
>
>J

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: