Re: HI MILLIE..JUST A NOTE..

Wed Oct 30 18:23:45 2002

Karla, It's got me more than baffled,too. So hard to explain. But it's like I want to strain to get rid of loose stool, but there's no urge. Then a sore,burning sensation. Belly just feels like a rock. Maybe I worry too much. I know I do, no ''maybes" about that!! That xray at the e.r. stated that there was scattered air in small bowel and colon, but no fecal dilatation. And then the impression only stated that the gas pattern was within normal limits. No mention of stool, otherwise. It's at times a sharp crampy feeling. This morning was (sorry so graphic) a whoosh of loose stool. No blood, no tarry look. Just pain. Pain let up, then came back. Later in a.m. I thought I had to go and it was very small,and sort of hard. On the brighter (?) side, my lower jaw is keeping the bowels 'company.' My bottom plate hurt me so bad that it went in a cup of water for the night. Karla, I am ALWAYS glad to get your posts, believe me!!! Love, Millie.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: K Nygren To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 11:29 PM Subject: Re: HI MILLIE..JUST A NOTE..

--
  Millie,

You have me pretty baffled. I don't want to be giving advice and be wrong. My questions though would be.....are you sure that you even have loose stool that isn't passing? I am not in any way saying that it is in your head, but I am thinking of some of my own experiences and sensations. There have been a lot of times when I have felt that I should have diarhhea but it just won't come. The truth of the matter is that there really is no diarhhea...I am just getting pseudo sensations....feelings that I have to pass stool when there really is no stool to pass. I don't know what causes this and I haven't found a doctor that could explain it either, but that doesn't mean the sensations and pain don't exist. Luckily though, xrays and cat scans are pretty reliable. It is extremely hard to miss blockages or partial blockages on an xray. Please try to relax....becoming uptight can cause pain and perhaps can lead you t! o these pseudo feelings.

I am more than happy to try and help you....if I can. Don't ever think twice about asking me.

Love,

Karla

Millie <milliem@citlink.net> wrote:

Karla, Today I went to the gastro and I told him I am really having problems to even move loose stool. The one thing that upset me with him was this... I madea copy of Dr. Wiseman's letter for the Dr. I told him I have found a lot of info on adhesions that I didn't know. I also told him that I have found many nice people and much support here. He just said, "that's good" and handed that letter back to me, along with other reports I had given him. I just cannot understand why I feel gas and loose stool which doesn't want to move, and it gives me pain and pressure, even in the groin area. I will send a letter telling you the results of the Ct scan from Oct.22. I am even worse,tonight. All the gastro did today was press on my belly, and listen to it. Said I had good bowel sounds. Could the inability to get rid of loose stool signal a partial blockage that may not have shown? Love, Millie. P.S. Karla, I am so sorry to burden you with my problems when you have been through so much.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: K Nygren To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 10:24 PM Subject: Re: HI MILLIE..JUST A NOTE..

Millie,

Your test results suggest that you do not have a bowel problem, but that does not mean you do not have severe pain. My most awful pain came prior to my hysterectomy. I would get the most awful shooting pelvic pain and it was constant. Of course the abdominal pain didn't help matters. Fortunately, I can say that I never, ever had another problem with the pelvic pain after my total hysterectomy. The one thing that I do have is the feeling that I have to pee. As you know, I have a urostomy so peeing is out of the question. This feeling is just a pseudo sensation. I don't know why I get it, but it has become a very good indicator for me. When I do experience the sensation I can now expect to be in the middle of a case of urosepsis. It used to be that my doctors thought I was crazy about a lot of things, but now they realize just how in tune I am to my body and they are much more willing to listen to what my opinions ! ! are. By the way, even though you went to the ER last night, you are still a much stronger individual. It is the person who ignores what their body is telling them that is crazy and weak.

Karla

Millie <milliem@citlink.net> wrote:

Dear Karla, I am so glad to hear from you! Thanks so much for your kind words, but I am not doing so well now. Last night I went to the e.r. The first Dr. ordered a CBC and xrays. He left, so in came the other Dr. He said bloodwork was normal. He said I didn't have much stool according to the xrays. But the abdominal and pelvic pain had me seriously to the point of a nervous breakdown, I cried so hard. I had the pelvic/abdominal Ct scan on Oct.22, but all she would say is it showed a small ovarian cyst. I told her I will FIGHT to keep that ovary til the day I DIE!! Karla, you and Helen D. have been my inspiration, and I wish I could give you tons of non-sticky, pain-free hugs! Tomoprrow I see a gastro, and I have a copy of Dr. Wiseman's letter all ready to go. Love ya! Millie.

> ----- Original Message ----- From: K Nygren To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2002 5:53 PM Subject: Re: HI MILLIE..JUST A NOTE..

Millie,

I just wanted to take the time to say "way to go". You have come so far. I understand your concerns about obstruction...but you don't seem to be getting all bent out of shape as you have in the past. Cindy said it right when she said that if they are hearing bowel sounds its a good thing. It is so nice to see the people here learning and growing. You have been inspiration to me, Millie. It is great to see that people hear what you have to say and grow with it. Keep up the good work.

Love ya!!!

Karla

cindy shruhan <cindyandbobby@webtv.net> wrote:

HI MILLIE, I HAVE READ A FEW OF YOUR POSTINGS, AND IM GOING TO TRY TO GIVE YOU MY EXPERIENCE, WITH BOWEL SOUNDS, MOVEMENTS, AND ESPECIALLY FOOD.....I HAVE ADHESIONS, AND JUST TO ADD SOME SUGAR TO THE SPICE, HA HA..I HAVE ULCERATIVE COLITIS..I PASS FOOD WHOLE, ALSO MY MEDICATIONS...I DID WHAT WAS ADVISED..I WENT THROUGH EVERY FOOD GROUPS, AND TRYED, AND ELIMATED THEM AS I WENT, FINDING YOUR CORRECT DIET IS IMPAIRTATIVE, DO YOU HAVE A DIETITITION....I HAVE FOUND OUT THROUGH THIS, THAT I NOW AFTER 4 YEARS, KNOW EXALLY WHAT I CAN, AND CANT EAT...WHEN YOUR BOWELS ARE SOUNDING OFF, THANK GOD FOR THIS...THERE MOVING LOVE, AND THATS WHAT IS IMPORTANT...I GET EXPLOSIONS IN THERE, BUT AGAIN, IM OK WITH IT, CAUSE I KNOW THERE MOVING...SO HANG IN THERE, FIND THE FOODS YOU CAN EAT SWEETIE..HARD JOB, BUT I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT...KNOW MILLIE YOUR IN MY PRAYERS, AND THOU! ! ! GHTS...A FRIEND CINDY SHRUHAN

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? ------------------------------------------------------------------------- HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? ------------------------------------------------------------------------- HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: