Re: DAVE, INFO. ON OTHER PAIN MEDS

Thu Oct 31 06:59:09 2002

Good Morning Chrissy, This is Dave and I used to be on 15 ms contin a day and all they did was to tear up my insides. I also have been on the oxycontin, however it was as taking asprin because I had such a high tolerance to the contin family as in it did me no good what so ever. I was at one tome in so much pain that I was in the hospital for two weeks experienting with various drugs for pain management, and was hooked up to a morphone pump the whole time,recieving 10mg of morphine every ten minutes as well as the drugs that they were experimenting with. I hate drugs and I especially hae pills because they have to go through the liver, causing severe damage over a period of time, and they can give you heart and lung problems as well as slower thinking ptterns ans such. I prefer the cleaner drugs, which are drugs like morphine and the patch because they absorb into the bloodstream much faster, as well as the fact that they do not have to go through your vital organs, and they keep my chronc kidney disease at bay. Pills can, and will hurt you. That is why many doctors refuse to prescribe the oxycontin. Besides they are much abused and are the choice of drg abusers. Please dont get me wrong, I am not calling anyone on this forum a drug abuser, what I mean by a drug abuser is the people who use drugs for recreation. I am happy for you that you have found a drug that will control your pain, however in the near future you may find that you need more of the pills and then you may want to consider the patches as well as either the mscontn, or the oxycontin for breakthrough pain. I wish you well and you are in my prayers. God Bless you and keep you safe. Dave

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: