Re: Where do I go from here?

Mon Nov 11 15:43:44 2002

Eileen, I am so sorry you are feeling bad and so hopeless. Have you considered going to Germany for help? Please don't let doctors scare you to death. I believe there are doctors out there that will help you. You need a very expert surgeon to remove adhesions from the intestines, and of course you need all the help you can get as far as a barrier to stop the adhesions. My daughter's first surgery resulted in a surgeon that removed SOME adhesions, no endo and told us "she needs to start Lupron--I got everything I could"... ..we went for a second, then a third opinion, then mailed her surgery video to a doctor in California. He immediately saw adhesions and endo that was still in her at the "closing up" point. We flew to California and he removed LOTS of adhesions and endo. She even had adhesions all in her rectal area and adhered to the bladder, bowel, intestine, uthrea's(sp) to the kidney's etc.....she definitely can use the bathroom now---which is a blessing in itself. Please email me anytime stew@cowtown.net . We plan to go to Germany early next year, as Melissa is still having problems. So many times she has wanted to give up. I do regular PEP talks!! You just have to have faith... believe when there seems to be no reason to believe. When Melissa can't eat I make her thin potato soup, etc....she basically goes to a liquid diet. Also, we are getting ready to purchase Melissa a water bed. She had one when she was young and lately she keeps mentioning her old water bed---it "gave" when you move, thus causing less pain. It sorta cradles the body. They have them now where they are enclosed in a "mattress type" cover, and you don't have to have those old fashioned sideboards to hold the bed in. It can also be as WARM as you like! I will add your name to my prayer list. Love Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Monday, November 11, 2002 11:16:05 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Where do I go from here? Hello and God bless all adhesions sufferers and family. Please advise, need support to carry on with this misery. I have posted my story in the adhesion quilt over a year ago, also posted a message a few weeks ago, had no answer. Again, I have terrible pain inside my belly button and abdominal area. I'm nauseus, can't eat solid foods, hardly can't go to the bathroom etc. This is not the first time this happens. I have had ten surgeries and the last one was last February 2002. I have been having surgeries since 1991, first caused by severe endometriosis.
--

This last surgeon placed Seprafilm over my intestines and he
reconstructed my belly button (had also an hernia inside the belly
button which I think that was the caused of the discharging liquid and
blood and bad smell from the belly button). He also told me I"m "full"
with adhesions in the abdominal area. He only removed the adhesions
that were estrangling the intestines and "belly button". Every ten to
twelve months after surgery adhesions estrangles my intestines and
another organ all over again. It' a vicios cycle. I can't move
normally, strech, sleep normally because of the terrible pain it causes.
I'm all "tied" up inside.

Doctors admits me into the hospital and places tubes inside my nose down
to my stomach.... bowel obstruction. This last surgery the surgeon
told me "you cannot have no more surgeries" !!! Now, here I am again
with the same problem, where do I go from here? I made an appointment
for tomorrow to see this last surgeon once again. He also told me he
did not place a "spray gel" because my abdominal area is so delicate he
thinks I could have gotten an infection. I think when he see me he's
going to run away. Every surgeon, doctor I see tells me the same thing.
No remedy! Every time I have surgery it's a life or death situation due
to that my organs are estrangled and the doctors tells me "you have to
have surgery or you'll die, you can not hold much longer.

I'm not working since last January 2002, I was turn down from Social
Security Benefits and hired a lawyer this time. Love to all. Eileen
(San Juan, Puerto Rico)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: