Re: INSURRECTION! part3

Tue Nov 12 22:03:51 2002

Dawn, Some wonderful ideas and I am in. But, we need to focus towards our state governments. My friend, Beverly Doucette, who lives right in the same town as I and is an ARD patient advocate, has fought these battles. She has been to Washington D.C. and met with all the "right" people. But, she will tell you, we gain nothing taking that route. We must hit up our state government's to get recognition for ARD in each and every one of our states. Presently, I believe that there are only two states that have passed recognition....New York and Wisconsin. The information is in the archives as to what needs to be done. We need to present as a power, but if there are only two states that have these laws that means we aren't doing our jobs. There isn't a person on this list that cannot do this. It just takes a little bit of commitment on our part. I am guilty too. I lived in Michigan for a brief time and didn't get a whole lot done there. We need to band together and attack our state governments. Karla kann <stew@cowtown.net> wrote:FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000;Hi Dawn, Love your idea. I have had an idea also, however I was advised to get approval through Helen. I emailed Helen, but have had no reply. I am fairly new on this board and I really didn't understand getting approval for something that stirred my spirit--however, I don't want to cause any problems--so I played by the rules. I have watched my email daily, but still no reply from Helen. I don't think my idea was monumental, just a really simple idea---I am pursuing it own my own. If anyone wants information please email me at stew@cowtown.net Karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.orgDate: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 11:15:54 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONSSubject: INSURRECTION! part3 Insurrection Part 3

Okay, we need to think about things like a steering committee, Helen, Karla, Jo ect. your input please. Talents need to be assessed and tasks need to be identified. Goals need to be established. Talent in the group needs to be assessed and tasks need to be delegated amoung volunteers. I can think of no better time to start than now. Remember our daughters, nieces and grandchildren may be at risk. If I am acting like an idiot, if this is not the proper forum for a fight like this or you just want me to shut up already I will, just say the word. Please lets help ourselves, please ask God or your higher power for the strength and courage to be his/a tool here on earth. Let this Insurrection make your suffering actually bring about change. I've been crying for a few days now in abject frustration and this idea has formed from that. I wrote in my journal the other day I feel like and insignificant piece of dust, welp no, that's not gonna happen here. I love you all and thank you for reviewing this idea. I will do whatever I can. Anyone in??? Love, Dawn

U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive medley & videos from Greatest Hits CD

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: