Re: Nausea and bowel obstructions...

Fri Nov 15 09:03:59 2002

Sherry, Please keep us posted and know we are thinking about you. Do they tell you what is causing your back pain--is it just from all the things going on. My daughter also deals with back pain and the doc's seem to ignore it. Please also join the OPRAH PROJECT! See post 11/13/02. We need faces!!!! Several women have responded and I am really getting excited, the box is going to look great! karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Friday, November 15, 2002 09:27:57 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Nausea and bowel obstructions... First I would like to thank those who rseponded to my post RE: nausea. Yes, I am still nauseated today, lots of back pain. I have had in the past a full blown bowel obstruction after my hysterectomy and lysis of adhesions. It started with loss of appetite, couldn't eat a thing, extreme back pain, nausea that turned into vomiting (fecal matter). I thought I was going to die. They inserted the NG tube into stomach and intravenious fluids and meds. I was in hospital for a week, the obstuction resolved itself. I have had a partial obstruction where I couldn't eat or go to the bathroom, was hospitalized with IV fluids and rest and it also resolved. I have had 7 abdominal surgeries, most have involved the intestines, also had them punctured during a surgery, hemorraghed, and had bowel resection. I saw my primary doc yesterday, he said I didn't feel distended, and is sending me to a pain clinic again. I guess time will tell. Thanks for listening, Sherry
--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: