Re: GERMANY-SURGERY

Sun Nov 17 08:25:45 2002

Your poor kids and husband! It was so hard for Melissa's friend and even part of our families to understand she was sick when you can SEE nothing! We were told she had Crohn's @ 13. Went to a support group and I started noticing she didn't have the same symptoms as the othe kids. From that point on, doctors began not liking me and my questions. But, I never quit searching. I am in complete agreement with you that this will be your answer. I hope they can repair every nook and cranny. What date is the surgery? I have spoken to Dr. K by email and sent him M's last operative report. We may go out early next year---right now she wants to hold off. She is weary of it all. I drag her everywhere! But, we are very cautious with what we decide. Thankfully she has only had 2 surgeries and this last one has seemed to actually help some. She can at least go to the potty now--was weeks before. I will talk to you later--so tired! Need to get some zzzzzz's!! karen -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002 11:56:42 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: GERMANY-SURGERY Karen, Thanks, I am hoping this will be my final surgery. It has been a nightmare. I have three children.(18, 15, 13) The past few years have been very stressful on them with this. I am 43 years old and have great parental support and my husband is good also. He will be going with me to Germany.-- Believe me, I can relate to what your daughter has gone through. I know about being misdiagnosed and the frustration. I went through it all. I never realized but my dr. that delivered my babies and also did other surgeries on me had put on my records that I had adhesive disease but he NEVER explained to me what it was or any thing but just kept doing surgeries on me. I always thought he was the greatest because I had problem pregnancies but now I am a little miffed that he didn't warn me about the surgeries. By the time I started having major problems he was gone and I was searching for answers and was being told it was IBS or in my head or stress until I had a exploratory done. I have been on this site for probably a couple of years and had the surgery in Pa. and it did not work out and I had to quit my job as the pain and sickness got to be too much. Now I am hoping to get my life and my PERSONALITY back. I will miss my daughters 18th birthday while I am gone to Germany but I think she is o.k. with it as long as I get better. Sounds like you are a good mom, I am blessed with one too. I want to get better so my kids can have their old mom back. I hope Germany is my answer and I hope your daughter can find her way there too. Kel -------Original Message------- From: adhesions@adhesions.org Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002 09:14:44 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: GERMANY-SURGERY Hey Kel,
--

God Bless You! I hope this is your greatest Christmas present ever! I am
new--have
a 26 year old daughter that has been misdiagnosed for 13 years and she and I
finally figured
out what was going on......duh! wish we had all the money we've spent on doc
s--we could
all go to Germany and a cruise....etc......oh well, Thank God...I prayed,
begged God to help
ME figure out what was wrong with her and let me know that year (2001)...In
December
that year I hit upon endo and she had a lap (which ten thousand doctors had
NEVER mentioned)
in Jan, 2002------full of adhesions and endo.......another surgery in Sept.
in California.
Since, I have learned a lot about adhesions--so no more surgeries, unless
Germany....
She is my baby--so full of love for everyone...took in 2 orphan boys when
she was only 24--
she is single--people think she is nuts....they had such a sorry life....
she amazes us and we are
so proud of her--and the boys were 10 & 12 when she got them--so what a
challenge!!
They really love her and she loves thems. I also have 3 other kids (grown)
and they are all
the biggest blessings in our lives. Okay, braggin' rights are over!
Join us in the Oprah Project please!! see the posts!! You will be on my list
to pray for--esp. in Dec!!
Karen

-------Original Message-------

Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002 08:55:48 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
Subject: GERMANY-SURGERY

I haven't posted much lately, but wanted to let you know that I am in the
planning stages of going to Germany for surgery.  My last surgery was in
Scranton a year and a half ago.
I will be having surgery in December with Dr. Kruschinski. The date is not
final yet but I expect to be finalizing it soon. I would not be able to go
without my parents help. Pain management is just not my answer any more.
Even 
though I have had a great pain management doc. Lisa and Helen D. have been a
BIG help for me also. Thanx a bunch guys!!
Kelly M. (Kel)
--

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: