who owns what?/apology

Sun Nov 17 23:32:41 2002

Dear Helen, I understand everything you are saying. There is no need for an apology. I am not angry at anyone and have been very thankful for this web site. However, again I say, we can shout till the cows come home about this ownership stuff, but we all need to read the fine print. The website states "ALL (that means all) content on this web site is Copyright @ Synechion EXCEPT where noted. NO (that means NO) part may be duplicated in part or whole except with the written permission of Synechion, Inc." Now, I didn't say that--the web site does. There is no "noted" part on the quilt page. The quilt page is a PART of Synechion web site. Yes, a person can edit their story or whatever, however, it belongs to Synechion. I am not just shooting off the hip or trying to cause problems--I am only stating facts. Those ARE the facts regardless of whether we like them or not. Also, let's refer back to the "anonymous" post earlier this evening. It absolutely, hands down, answers everyone's question. It states, "A website has many of the same LEGAL (that is LEGAL) ramifications as any other publication in a magazine. If you wrote a story and had it published in a magazine, they (that is THEY) would OWN (that is OWN) it, and it doesn't necessarily have to involve payment of any kind." Now, I didn't say this, anonymous did. We have all asked who anonymous is. I have definitely not hidden behind an anonymous post. My husband and I have a construction company and I know what COPYRIGHT means and what LEGAL means, and I am not touching those stories with a 10' pole. Nothing against ANYONE--and you all can discuss and argue further, but I know how to read. We are all suppose to be working toward the same goal and that is to bring awareness to the ARD sufferer. I see no glory in that. Not for me, not for anyone. I know MY goal is to help the sufferer. I offered my inspiration. I have no reason to dislike anyone on this board, including Dr. Wiseman, Tracy, Bev or anyone else. All I have asked is that we change the way in which I am receiving information. I think that is simple. Or a release should be given from Synechion to use the stories on that page or the quilt page should be "noted", as stated above, that it is not copyrighted. You know you can only run around a tree so many times, you are still running in a circle getting nowhere! And if anyone thinks there is money for me to gain through this, you have my solemn promise if I see ONE DIME from this project, it will go to help the women get to Germany! To my knowledge, Oprah doesn't PAY for stories. However, if there is something to gain here--I DO NOT WANT IT!! On the contrary, I expect to INVEST not only my time, but money on this project. And I will do so with a cheerful heart!! I will also be glad to post a list of references if anyone wants to call and check up on me, my husband, our character, our business, etc. You tell me how many names and phone numbers you want. I am serious. I do not want one single person to "wonder" about my motives. This IS my last post concerning this subject. PLEASE! Let's drop it and move on...... God Bless Everyone Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: