Sunday from Hell: POST SCRIPT - Oprahs owns everything you send her unsolicited

From: Dr. David Wiseman (david.wiseman@medispecialty.com)
Mon Nov 18 06:38:06 2002

Not much sleep last night, but I forgot to send the following little piece of information which I cam across last night while reading our beloved Oprah's pretty tight rules:this puts an interesting twist to this whole hullabaloo:

(THIS IS OPRAH'S RULE) "Submissions We welcome your comments about any of the Sites. However, unless a site has set up a specific submissions policy, we will not review or consider any unsolicited creative submissions. We hope you will understand that this policy is intended to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings in the event that projects developed by our professional staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. Accordingly, we must ask that you not send us any original creative ideas, suggestions or materials. If, despite our request, you send us any creative idea, suggestion or material ("Submission"), it shall become our property. No Submission will be subject to any obligation of confidence by us, and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. We will exclusively own all known or later-existing rights to the Submission worldwide, and will be entitled to the unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose, without compensation to the provider of the Submission. "

So it seems that whoever it is owns the stories on our quilt, individually or in aggregate is entireley irrelevant. Because the moment a book or file folder is sent to Oprah - who owns it? Oprah!!! How ironic.

So perhaps we need to review what we thought was a pretty good idea of Karen's. I think there are other ways to accomplish this, and ones which I hope I will be able to speak to Karen when we meet in the next week or two.

Lastly I hope I had not conveyed any hostility toward Karen - she was diligent in trying to get back to me, and it was only becuase of normal type things that wer were not able to speak until Sunday pm.

PS I have also just received some apologies from various people which I appreciate.

Sincerely David Wiseman Ph.D., M.R.Pharm.S. Founder, International Adhesions Society (IAS) http://www.adhesions.org david.wiseman@adhesions.org

Support for the IAS is provided free of charge by Dr. David Wiseman and Synechion, Inc. Please consider joining the IAS by making a (suggested) contribution of $50 (via PayPal and includes a set of the IAS Conference Tapes).

Or, if you prefer, make checks (non-deductible) payable to SYNECHION, INC. and mail to Synechion, Inc., 6757 Arapaho Rd., Suite 711, PMB 238, Dallas, TX 75248 USA

Your other contributions are also welcome to help bring information and support to ARD patients around the world. Click here to donate via PayPal.

Neither the IAS, Synechion, Dr. Wiseman or any other representative offers medical advice. Always consult a qualified medical professional.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: