Hospitals get alternative: Acupuncture, massage, and even herbs pop up in mainstream medical settings

Wed Nov 27 10:58:12 2002

The Url for this article is awfully long - and may not appear completely highlighted. If so, the last part of this Url should be:

" 020722/22alternative.htm#Anchor ."

X> Hospitals get alternative: Acupuncture, massage, and even herbs pop up in mainstream medical settings

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/nycu/health/articles/020722/22alternative.htm#Anchor

PARK RIDGE, ILL.–The elderly woman, suffering from chronic pain, lies down on the examining table and braces herself for what's to come. "My witch doctor," she affectionately calls Sang Xi Zhou, the acupuncturist who over the next few minutes gently jabs the patient's arms, legs, and back with tiny needles. At first she winces at the sting, but then she lies back and relaxes, even closing her eyes, as the weekly treatment works its "magic."

"The patient acknowledges she was hesitant to try acupuncture, fearing the needles. "It was just that the pain got to be so bad, I was sitting up crying all night, that I figured: How much worse could this be?" she says. Now, she looks forward to her visits. "I couldn't come last week, and the pain was back. This works."

THERE IS MORE TO READ AT THIS WEBSITE!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: