Re: ultrasound therapy

Sat Nov 30 21:14:36 2002

>>Dear Shermin, I am not sure what you mean by ultrsound therapy?. If you need to know if your adhesions will show up in a sonogram I am sorry to say they probably will not.

--
==========================================================================

I totally agree about the ultrasound test, and could not believe my GenMed Doctor ordered that test on me as well. I am a serious adhesion former, 70% disabled female vet [adhesions etc], double digit operations over 20 some years.

But, I snuck my test results before my appt coming forth Dec 6th. I always go to med records and get a copy if the F/U visit is too long of a wait to get the results.

My Ultrasound showed splenomegaly and dense liver. I suspect the dense liver was adhesions from previous Gall bladder surgery, and I believe the enlarged spleen is due to adhesions.

The test makes sense, because it does not make us suffer from having to drink concrete [barium] which could be a problem for those with partial obstructions. It spares nasty dyes, cocktails, potions and preps.

The abdominal ultrasound scans the pancreas, gallbladder, liver, spleen and they can view kidneys. They DO NOT scan for adhesions over bowels.

Most of us have terrible belly pain and we many have the eat/quick elimination so we think all our belly pain is bowel related.

When in fact it could be several organs adhesed singing along with the bowel adhesions.

Had I not had the ultrasound test, the spleen and liver involvement would not have been discovered.

I will find out Dec 6th, if I have interpreted my results from my sneak peek. I will ask the Doctor tho, why in earth did he opt for the ultrasound when there were other tests they could order...

Even the tech said, the abdominal ultrasound is not setup to scan for adhesions between the organs.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: