Re: new here could it be down to adhesions???

Mon Dec 2 05:00:19 2002

At Mon, 2 Dec 2002, manda wrote: >
>hi im notreally sure where to start, i was diagnosed with mild endo in
>99 i was very lucky and went on to have a baby,
>after my baby i had a lap that showed my endo was no longer
>visable,shortly after the pain came back with vengence,
>3mths ago i discoverd i had a rectal vaginal lump it was confirmed by my
>gp and after 2mths waiting to see gyne he done a vaginal internal and
>told me my womb was retroverted and was squashing an ovary and pushing
>on my rectum but what he thought was strange was that 5 days previous in
>a scan it showed my uteras was antreverted so it had completley changed
>postion, i have had 2 laparoscopys and am due to go for another in a
>week could this alteration in womb position be down to adhesions im a
>bit at a lost end now as i dont really know what is going on.
>any help is much appriciated
>pain free wishes to all
>manda

Welcome dearest Manda, This is the right place, every time you go under any pelvic surgery you are at risk for adhesions. Adhesions form radipidly in the traumatized area, they say from 3-7 days. There is literatue where docs hav reported seeing adhesion growth during particularly long procedures. There are lots of places for endo to hide and not every surgeaon is aware of these areas or types of lesions. Now , here comes your job, the start of your education and self advocation. A doctor with a busy practice cannot possibly keep abreast of all that is going on in the world of medicine. Please go thru this site with a fine tooth comb. Look at the writings of Dr. Wiseman. Print some stuff out to show your doc. Punch in your symptoms in the message board archives and see who has similar. Once you start to educate yourself about what is happening to you, you and your doctor can work as a team to try to figure the best course of action for you. Please start before your next lap. Others here will answer you as well. Lots of us have endo like you. Please know you are not alone, we are all here for you. Much love, Dawn

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: