Re: Problems after Gallbladder Removed

Wed Dec 4 17:54:26 2002

At Wed, 4 Dec 2002, James Stewart wrote: >Dearest James,

Gallbladder surgery certainly leaves you a candidate for adhesion related disorders. They can take years to rear their ugly head sometimes. You are in the right place though. The good news is this site offers an abundance of knowledge and personal experience. Go thru the site with a fine tooth comb. This will be the start of your education and hopefully help you advocate better for yourself in the medical world. Read all of Dr. Wisemans writings. Next go thru the message board archives, punch in some of the symptoms you are experiencing and see what others have to say. There are many here who have had gallbladder surgery and gallbladder attacks. Ok now the not so great news...there is realy no diagnostic test that allows docs to see if you have adhesions short of looking surgically. With each surgery you run the risk of having old adhesions reform and new ones to boot from the trauma of surgery. Please know you are not alone, we are all here for you. Love, Dawn >I had my Gallbladder removed about 6 years ago. I was working out in
>the Gym about one year after the surgery and felt something pull or snap
>in the Abdominal area. I felt sick for days but did get better. Have
>been sick on and off for 5 years. Doctors have been no help at all.
>About 3 months ago I was working out and doing alot of Sit ups and the
>next day I could hardly get out of bed. I was sick for 2 months. I
>have stomach pain and feel like I need to go to bed and sleep. It did
>get some better. I have figured out that the pain is related to lifting
>and exercise.
>I have had a CT Scan and xrays and nothing has shown on these test.
>Can anyone help me.

--
I'm no doctor, just a fellow sufferer like you but I hope you consider me a new friend.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: