Re: Is there anyone who can still work?

Sat Dec 7 00:22:05 2002

Marylou, I run my own business and am taking Oxycontin. I also can't take anything with Codeine.

I can only take a lower dose of Oxycontin, 20 Mg. every 12 hours. If I take more than that I throw up. I do take one nausea pill per day or I still get too sick but that isn't that much. I can also take 10 Mg. Oxycontin every 12 hours for break-through pain but if I do I then need more nausea pills so I try not to do that anymore. The nausea pills make me very depressed (more than normal) so I have to try to limit them so people can tolerate me .

I couldn't go out to work for anyone else but do manage to run my home-based business with my husband's help for any running around or lifting things. Ny problems have definitely affected it though and I am not able to go out marketing. I could never punch a clock and mornings are very bad for me. I am extremyl limited in walking, mainly walking in the house, anything more than that I need a cane, crutches or wheelchair. I also stopped driving due to my problems. I must make my hours to work with the best pain times and it isn't always consistent.

It is very hard to keep a clear head, especially since I also do all my own book-keeping and we are also landlords. My head is clearer on the Oxycontin than on any other pain meds though. I make sure I triple check everything because I do make allot more mistakes than I ever did before, and stupid ones.

Although it is not good for business I do have the option of closing for the day or a few hours if the pain is totally unbearable or I have a doctor's appointment. I would not be able to do that working for someone else! I also can work in the middle of the night if I need to. I am tired allot now and sleep 3 times more than I use to. Laying also makes my pains better most times.

I do also have allot of other problems besides the adhesions, like a messed up hip replacement with extreme bone loss, calcified artery (PVD), blocked veins in legs, bulging disks, abdominal problems, etc.

Good Luck with your job, Hope this helped you! Jean (from PA)

--
Jean (from PA)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: