Re: surgery

Tue Dec 10 07:02:38 2002

Dear Melissa:

I'm sorry I didn't see your message until now.

I assume that you are having a diagnostic laparoscopy; if so how you will feel and how long it will take to recover will depend on what they do during the surgery. I've had a couple of them, and generally speaking some light pain meds are helpful for at least a few days. My personal experience is that it feels as though someone gave you a really good punch in the stomach.

Although adhesions are a result of any surgery, not all adhesions are problematic. I'm not a Dr, but I believe that after surgery it's important to move as much as possible (that helps with the shoulder pains from the gas too), but don't lift things in case that causes the work they did to get irritated. So, walk short distances, roll over in bed often, walk, sit up, walk,walk,walk, but don't actually work for a few days and don't lift. It may sound dumb, but that's the best advice I can give you.

Melissa, welcome to the IAS forum. Please feel free to ask us anything, and we will try our best to help you. Will you let us know how your surgery goes? I sincerely hope that a higher power guides your surgeons hands, and holds you safe.

Wishing you pain free moments, hours and days. Clare

At Mon, 9 Dec 2002, melissa wrote: >
>I am scheduled for surgery Wednesday,December 3,2002,i was told i might
>have either adhesions,or endo,they won't know until they look in there,i
>just wanted to know what can i expect,afterwards,or post laproscopic,how
>long will the pain last?I'm a little new here,do the adhesions ever go
>away,or do they come back,how long will it take to recover from the
>surgery?any advice would help,it's coming so soon

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: