big huggs to ((((((Karla))))))

Sat Dec 21 21:23:55 2002

Karla, I have to tell you about my mother-in-law. She is one of those people who will be sitting on the park bench minding her own business and total strangers will come up to her and start telling her their problems. It's like she has a neon sign on her forehead! Well, my sister-in-law has always engaged in what my mother-in-law refers to as "emotional dump truck." When she is feeling bad, she goes over to her mother's house, and tells her how depressed she is, and then she is much happier and goes skipping out of the house and her mother is left feeling terrible. Well after awhile my father-in-law (who was a little hard of hearing but would suddenly become near stone deaf while the emotional dump was going on) started joking with my mother-in-law, and after their daughter would leave he would start saying "beep..beep..beep..beep" you know just like a dumptruck does when it is backing up! This always got a giggle out of my mother-in-law. Right before she said, "stop that, you're terrible!" and giggled again.

So just remember... When YOU need a place to dump your load, "beep..beep..beep..beep" the IAS board is the place to go. And when your daughter is dumping her load on you, think "beep..beep..beep..beep" 'Cause sometimes you just gotta find the silly streak that runs through life or you're gonna scream!

At Sat, 21 Dec 2002, K Nygren wrote: >
>Hi all!
>
>I am so sorry that I have not been able to write in such a long time. I went out to Oregon to spend a few weeks with my aunt and uncle. I really needed the time to get away as my stress level has been so extremely high and I had been in the hospital every two weeks or so.
>
>Where does the stress come from? I am the mother of one grown child, Nikki. She is the mother of two little girls whom I absolutely adore and her "angel" baby Brayden. She got married this past summer, a very quick thing, to a guy she has known for a very long time. They immediately started working on having a baby....she's such a good mom and I am sure misses holding a little baby in her arms. She became pregnant almost immediately. After two months of marriage she discovered that her husband had been having an affair since before she got married. Of course her stress level multiplied about 100%. She was already stressed about having another baby and losing it too, having another boy that also might die of SIDS......or possibly a baby that might have something wrong since at one point they had said that Brayden was going to have a major problem (Trisomy 18), which he didn't. She would never consider abortion but she began to have regrets about being pregnant. She also quit smoking. Who does she take her stress out on but me? She and I have talked about it and she feels that I am the only "safe" person that she can deal with her anger with. I can't handle it anymore, but she doesn't seem to understand. I understand her problems, but I cannot deal with them anymore. Then, right before my trip, I learned that I could get my medication much cheaper from a mail order company through my insurance. I set it up with my doctor and left thinking I would have my morphine when I arrived in Oregon. I only had a couple of pills left and I cut them in half to make them last. When I got there I had two prescriptions from them...neither of which was my morphine. I made a call to them and was told that this particular prescription had been faxed to the wrong place and that they would get it to me right away, but I should call in two days to make sure. I did that and at that point learned that the first person I talked to had done nothing. I was told that they
w >ould be calling my doctor right away and getting a new prescription...I didn't understand why they needed one....and would get it to me immediately. When I called back two days later, nothing had been done again. I asked to speak with a manager. At that point I learned that I had been totally misadvised from day one. The woman I initially spoke with when setting this all up told me that I could get a three month supply at one time and that there could be one refill. I questioned her specifically about this, because I know that morphine is a schedule....whatever narcotic and that my doctor here could only write a one month prescription. But after rechecking the name of the drug and checking it out she told me that I could. She also gave me a number for them to call and this would generate a fax to them with all of the details. As soon as they faxed it all back they would send me my meds. What I wasn't told was that it could not be done via fax. It had to be mailed down there. But, they decided that they would send a next day air person to pick up a new script from my doctor and once they received it and they called him to verify the script, the medication would be next day aired to me. Needless to say, (sorry for making this such a long story) I didn't get the meds until the day before I returned home. I had been authorized to pick up a 1 week supply...for which I had to visit a doctor and convince her to write the script for me even though she had never seen me before, but since it took one month from start to finish I easily ran out of the drugs. I had to double and triple up on my lortabs....but still was in major pain. I ended up in the hospital once again....basically ruining yet another vacation. I did return home in relatively good shape (I did learn through all of this that I am NOT addicted to the drugs...even after almost two years) and walked into my urologist's office yesterday to get an appointment to have my nephrostomy tubes changed.
>One of the urologists there commented on how he should call the tv station because he had never seen me when I was smiling and feeling decent. I joked around with them and went home. There I began having sharp stabbing pains in my left flank...something I haven't really had since they placed the tubes. They went away....but it was something I wasn't quite expecting. I was getting ready to attend a funeral and had to change my urostomy bag when I accidentally caught the ends of my stents on the bag and ripped them out of the ureters and kidneys. This was so painful. Right now I have to wear not only my urostomy bag, but the two bags that are draining my nephrostomy tubes. I have to wear them continuously so that I can maintain the drainage from both of my kidneys. Without them my left kidney doesn't drain properly. They don't really know why...I do...its adhesions of course. I am just so aggravated and disgusted because I know that this has just caused another case of urosepsis to begin. I have NO doubts. Last night I began the usual symptoms....sweating from my head profusely, chills, sweats...but it makes me so mad. I have spent enough Christmas' in the hospital. I am bound and determined that it will not happen this year. I have real doubts as to whether I can prevent it but I am doing everything I can to remain positive. I just know my body and the signals it sends to me. I am getting so depressed.
>
>I am sorry to go on and on with this. I just needed to vent.
>
>Merry Christmas and I'm so glad to be back.
>
>Love,
>
>Karla
>
>**Soaring with my angel**
>
>http://www.geocities.com/karlasfamily2001
>http://www.geocities.com/princessd82000/BraydensHaven

--
cathy :-)

Enter keywords: