post adhesions removal PAIN

Sun Dec 22 02:19:06 2002

dear All- Had to take the last step & have the adhesion surgery with Drs Jay Redan & Dr. Harry Reich. It was done Tues Dec 17 & today I am still in post-op agony. I can't even touch lightly my belly. I'm very very very swollen , am going to the bathroom daily thankfully. Wondering when I could expect the pain to lessen??? Getting worried this was for naught. BUt I proved my pain management doc I wasn't crazy. I had PLENTY of adhesionss ALL OVER even my ovaries!! Water cyst on the ovaries too. A couple internal hernias ect. With both docs it took 3.5 hours to clean me out. What surprised me is I have never had any gynecologic problems in the past so I was shocked to have had adhesions there and everywhere! I have some photos and a DVD with more photos and twwo 30 second video clips! I can't say yet whether it has been valuable and made a difference yet. I'm praying it has and will and I'm hoping the pain subsides allot. I went in at 9am and left for home at 9:30pm due to lack of pain management & the nurse was not listening to what I told her I needed. So I got pissed & left in agony.. It still shocks & hurts me that no matter how many times I explain my pain issues & i HAVE POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER.. that the medical staff can't understand the need to keep me as comfortable & pain freeas possible. So those hours of agony just added a little more to the PTSD.. my pain creates new permanent pain. Sometimes life stinks & people suck.My care at Scranton Community Medical Center was fine EXCEPT post-op when I needed the most care!!!!Well now I can sit and wonder if taking a loan for $4000.00 for the partial prepayment of surgical fees was worth it. Frankly, the money issue is what kept me from consulting with them during the previous three months. Money is an issue & I got so desperate from the pain I wanted to die every day SOOooooo choices were made. I was a complicated case sooooo not many good surgeons were willing to take a look & help me. I really wrote in to see if anyone has thoughts about the post-op pain & bloating & when can I expect to get to "normal"????? thanks & have a peaceful christmas :-)please email me directly if possible as I feel lousy & won't get back on to soon. thanks. kulina@eclipse.net Kathleen in NJ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: