Re: A little more venting

Tue Dec 24 04:34:14 2002

Well Karla, I hear you. My daughter is also a terrible slob. No amount of coaching, begging or embarrassing her will get her to do anything. Her husband has left her and she sent my grandson to live with him in another state from her. When she was 13 she ran away to live with her dad and ended up with his mother. That is where she learned to be such a slob. I can remember when I was dating my ex and would go to their house and the stink would just about knock you over! Not only was there clutter, but old food under furniture, cups with mold growing in them in the bedrooms, garbage cans overflowing, you name it!! I think that people who are like that are very unlikely to change. I really don't think there is too much you can do to change or inspire them to start cleaning up. They don't seem to be able to see the mess. It is like it isn't even there. You need to try to let some of it go and not stress yourself over it. You know that extra stress is bad for you and makes you feel worse. I am sure the rest of the family knows it is your mom and not you who is the slob. They are all probably pretty happy you are the one living with it and not them. So I guess my advice is only to try to ignore some of it, keep cleaning up the rest and try to not get stressed about it. I know it isn't easy when it is in your face everyday, but you do need to take care of yourself first! Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I am hoping to meet you in April in Lansing....Your friend, Cheryl

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: