Hello, new to this site

Fri Dec 27 20:34:42 2002

I just wanted to let you all know how much you have already helped me. I came to this website and started reading and I finally feel like I am not dramatic or crazy. For about 4 years I went to 5 different doctors to tell them about the pain that I was having. After several different tests they all told me that they could not find anything wrong with me, two of them referred me to a psychiatrist saying that I probably had issues with sex. I finally found a doctor when the pain became unbearable and talked him in to doing laproscopy. After an hour and 1/2 off surgery (it was supposed to take about 30 minutes), I was informed by the doctor that I had adhesions covering everything in my lower abdomin. He actually apologized to me for not understanding (believing) that I was in that much pain. He also told me that the adhesions were gone and that I would not have to worry about them again. That was three yrs ago, the pain was only gone for about 6 months. I have now moved to a different city and the new doctor I have found just tells me that if it did grow back all I can do is take Advil and use a heating pad which we all know does no good at all. I have been happily married for 11 yrs and thank God I have an understanding husband because sometimes sex is the last thing on my mind. I am so tired of being in pain and no one takes me serious. I am tired of the swelling, no bowel movements and all of the shooting pains that go along with the regular daily pain. I am tired of Advil and heating pads. Reading your message board made me cry. I am so sorry for all of you but I am glad that I am not alone. Thank all of you for being so open. This is one heart you have lifted.

--
Julie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: