Each surgery will increase adhesion-formation and pain!!.....for Robin Duffy

Sat Dec 28 12:15:26 2002

Dear Robin D,

Thank you for your kind words!!

In your message (below) you said: "My doc has told me that she had ** a lady ** who had 7 surgeries and finally the darn adhesions attached someplace where they didn't cause pain."

I'm sorry; but I do NOT agree with your doctor!! If this ** lady ** had a good result following her 7th surgery, HOW MANY other adhesion sufferers did she perform an adhesiolysis for that DID NOT have a successful result??

It is a known fact that the human body heals and protects itself by forming adhesions - as soon as 3 hours after surgery and up to 7 days following the surgery!! Each surgery WILL cause more adhesions to form - and cause an increase in pain!!

Not only will adhesions reoccur - or form again; but there's also the possibility of the formation of "de novo" (new) adhesions!!

X> Adhesions Home Page.....Click: Slide 2 - De Novo Adhesions vs Adhesion Reformation

http://www.adhesions.com/incidence.html

You said: "I am hoping the next surgery I have will end in the same results." It is predictable that you - and any other victims of ARD - will NOT have the same results (as the patient your doctor mentioned to you)!!

Instead of focusing on the possibility of another surgery and the unrealistic hope of becoming adhesion-free, take this time to consider doing whatever you can to really help yourself.

Love, Helen D.

~ ~ ~ ~

Re: Are we the unlucky few who develop adhesions everytime we have surgery? From: Robin Duffy (my2girls927d@yahoo.com) Sat Dec 28 09:17:02 2002

Helen you are great, I know I don't thank you enough for your info(although I have been reading) typing is sorta hard with one good hand only. My doc has told me that she had a lady who had 7 surgeries and finally the darn adhesions attached someplace where they didn't cause pain. I am hoping the next surg I have will end in the same results.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: