Re: Just started duragesic and find I can't drive! Coping Skills?

Mon Dec 30 12:13:03 2002

Hiya Dawn,,, I too am on the duragesic patches..and they are working wonderfully for me too..but i also take Norco for breakthrough and i have a few other things like Percocet and morphine pills in case the breakthrough gets really bad. And when i started on the Duragesic..i was dizzy and light headed..and would fall asleep at the drop of a hat..so the Dr gave me something called..noxolone, for the dizziness and light headedness and meclazine for the nausea..and i took that stuff for 30 days and after 30 days i was just fine...and dont have any of those side effects at all except when the Dr ups my dosage of duragesic and then its only for a few days... So you might call your Dr and ask him for something for the side effects...sounds like Noxolone might be the one you need. I was also on the Neurontin for a while and the pain Dr said he would give it back to me after i get really used to the Duragesic...i loved the Neurontin and i truly miss it and hope i will get it back soon. Have you been to the Duragesic Website? If not you should go and print off some of the journals for keeping track of your pain and pain relief..My Dr really loves these when i bring them in every month all filled out..cause he can track my pain and relief better that way. Hope this info helped..

>Hugs and Love

Tish

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: