Re: Blood in urine

Wed Jan 1 08:22:42 2003

Brenda, Happy New Year!! I am expereinceing somewhat the same things as you are. Have the urge to urinate but when I go it only dribbles and there is pain associated with it. A year ago I was having the same problems and an uroligist ran a cystogram and said the bladder was fine and prescribed ditropan XL. It did not help so after a couple of months I quit taking it. Now for the last 2 months or so the symptoms are back. I am seeing a new uroligist, no blood showing in the urine, but I do have some burning. He did a urine flow test( sit on a pot and pee into a container that is on a scale that measures how fast it fills) He also had a ultrasound of the kidneys done. I won't get the results until I go again to see him, when he will do a bladder scope in his office. I am really hoping there is not any pain involved with this test? I have also just found a new family doctor who does believe adhesions can cause pain. He seems very nice and if I don't get any help from this uroligist I will ask the family doctor for some type of help. I am seeing a pain management doctor too, and am on 40 mg of oxycontin 4 times a day. That is quite a large dose and taking lortab 10/500 for breakthru pain. He says he will not increase this dosage because if I am still in pain it means the meds aren't working and we would try something else. Well keep us posted as to what your doctor tells you about this problem. I will be watching for it. Thanks, another sticky friend, Cheryl Cole

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: