Re: stabbing pain....anyone know if this is adhesions????

Wed Jan 1 18:40:05 2003

Hi April,

Yep, five weeks of total constipation and the doctors refused to help me. Kept thinking that if they just gave it more time....initially he wanted me to wait two months "to see if things got back to normal" ....I guess he didn't really believe me. I was sooooo sick ...you know the throwing up and total missery that goes with it. I couldn't move at all. My body was so swollen and my face so pale. I completely stopped eating and drinking. I was told that I was litterally dying on the inside.

I use Darvocet and Vicodin...which doesn't help all that much and I also have Percocet for the really strong pain, but that sometimes doesn't help either. I go to my first Chronic Pain Center appointment on January 8th. Thank God!!! Maybe my new doc will be able to get me to some level of comfort for the most part. Right now, my gyno and surgeon are medicating me and it's just not helping enough.

Do you go to a pain doctor that's specialized? How long did it take for them to get you on a regimine that started helping you? Or have they got it under control much yet? What do they do when you go to a pain clinic? And what should I expect? I am not looking forward to being on stronger meds, but I am looking forward to more days of less pain. Right now, I can drive if I have to on the Darvocet and Vicodin, but not too far. I still have to drive my 5 yr. old son to Kindergarten every day. Thank God the bus drives him home. I still work out 3 times a week, but sometimes I grit my teeth and just have to leave. I keep trying tho.

Tell me about your meds, if you will. I don't know anything about patches....what to stay away from and what to ask for. I have no clue about meds.

Your friend, Tonya

>From: AprilDe402@aol.com
>Reply-To: adhesions@adhesions.org
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
><adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Subject: Re: stabbing pain....anyone know if this is adhesions????
>Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 19:11:23 -0600
>
>Hi Tonya,
>My surgery was also an emergency, they tried laparoscopic,but it turned
>into
>the big bananan (laparotomy).
>My goodness you went for five weeks like that............a had a bad four
>or
>five weeks but was only completely stopped up for a day or
>two..............and as you know oh so sick....
>Yes, I will keep in touch....by the way what do you do for your pain? if
>you
>dont mind my asking.......
>Your freind,
>April

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: