Re: amitriptylene and its side effects

Thu Jan 2 12:11:38 2003

At Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Koolinsask@aol.com wrote: Dear Cherryl, At night I take amitryptilene 50 mg and Clonipin 0.5 to enduce sleep I do not take any pain meds during the day, but I definitely need them because I am totally miserable. What type of work do you do, and how can you concentrate while on percocet? I am unfortunately very sensitive to any narcotics and become very dizzy and out of it. At present I am going to acupuncture once a week, and hae gone three times so far, with no reduction in the pain. I take relafin for arthritis, which doesn;t work either. I used to take vioxx for arthritis, but some recent research showed that it causes a higher risk of stroke, so my dr. switched me. I absolutely need to find some solution to make me functional during the day, as my family is depending on me going back to work. I shake from the chronic pain, and it is very hard to concentrate. I cannot sit in a chair for more than a few minutes, I cannot stand any tight clothing or anything touching my body in the area of adhesions (torso, ribs) thus I cannot even wear a bra. Lying totally flat with my knees bent, or on the right side is the most comfortable position for me, but then my joints (hips, shoulders, knees, ankles) burn with pain from the pressure of the bed. I have a temperpedic mattress with was expensive but helps somewhat.I ant to find out more about the dr in germany. mary lou

>
>Marylou, do you have to take any other pain medication with this, or is this
>helping enough? I am out of tylenol 3's now, and am hoping this will do the
>trick, and does the groggy effect go away, as I have to get up and go to
>work......that's my fear, being out of it!!!! Thanks for the information, you
>have no idea how much, it means to me.......
>
>Cherryl

--
mary lou

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: