Dr. Reich's Adhesion-Reduction Surgical Techniques + techniques available at Frankfurt...

Sat Jan 4 22:32:57 2003

Hi Sally!! It's so good to see you posting again!! The messages you've posted about your surgery with Dr. Kruschinski offer a lot of hope to others!! Sally is as honest as they come; but I caution people to NOT judge Dr. Reich - based on the results of the adhesiolysis procedures he's performed in the United States! Keep in mind "NO surgeon (including the best surgeons in the world) can promise his/her patient will be adhesion-free after an adhesiolysis procedure!!

I know I'm just speculating; but it is my belief that Dr. Reich's decision to perform surgery at Frankfurt with Dr. Kruschinski is related to the additional adhesion-reduction techniques that are available at the Emma Klinik, where Dr. Daniel Kruschinski performs laparoscopic surgeries. At Frankfurt Dr. Reich has the opportunity to add the following adhesion-reduction techniques to those he has devised:

1.) Gasless laparoscopy.....Dr. Kruschinski invented Gasless laparoscopy (laparoscopy without the use of carbon dioxide). This procedure is NOT available in the United States!!

2.) In November 2001, SprayGel adhesion barrier was approved in Europe for surgical use; and SprayGel adhesion barrier is being used by surgeons at Frankfurt. SprayGel is NOT available in the United States!!

3.) Surgeons perform a Second Look Laparoscopy (SLL) 7 days after the initial surgery; which allows the surgeons a chance to evaluate the success of surgical procedures. If any adhesions re-formed or if de novo (new) adhesions formed, surgeons can very easily "sweep down" these adhesions; because at this stage the adhesions are like cobwebs. The SLL also gives surgeons another opportunity to apply SprayGel where needed. Second Look Laparoscopy is a procedure that is NOT offered in the United States.

I will let you come to your own conclusions - regarding what's available in Frankfurt as compared to what's available in the United States.

Yes, I do believe Dr. Reich chose to perform surgery at Frankfurt; because at Frankfurt, he would have the opportunity to use the three adhesion-reduction techniques (above) that are available only at Frankfurt.

Please go to the following website to learn more about seeking surgery at Frankfurt: http://www.EndoGyn.com/ .

Helen D.

~ ~ ~ ~

Re: Adhesion-Reduction Surgical Techniques...devised by Harry Reich, MD From: Sally Grigg (LostCst@mcn.org) Sat Jan 4 18:53:32 2003

Hello, I hope I'm not causing controversy here, it is not my intent. I also had surgery with Dr. Reich and felt adhesions within one week. I think his methods are great, but they still use carbon dioxide and of course spray gel had not been invented yet. I tried to get statistics on his success rate, ie no adhesions after surgery, but he didn't keep them. So I took a survey. I know its not scientific, because it was only those people on this board, but the results were not good overall. Dr. Reich is an honest and good man. He is currently scheduled to operate with Dr. Kruschinski in January in Germany where the "no carbon dioxide" and the spray gel are current practice. So I send both doctors my good wishes as they try to cure us all from those horrible adhesions.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: