Epidurolysis (Racz Procedure) FAQs <> Has anyone had this procedure? Did it help?

Mon Jan 6 15:12:15 2003

If you've had this procedure done, please share your experience...

~ ~ ~ ~

X> Epidurolysis (Racz Procedure) FAQs http://www.reddinganesthesia.com/Epidurolysis.htm

1.) What is an Epidurolysis (RACZ) Procedure?.....Epidurolysis (RACZ) Procedure is used to dissolve some of the scar tissue from around entrapped nerves in the Epidural space of spine, so that medications such as cortisone can reach the affected areas. Dr. Gabor Racz pioneered this procedure.

2.) What causes scarring (adhesions)? Scarring is most commonly caused from bleeding into the Epidural space following back surgery and the subsequent healing process. It is a natural occurrence following surgical intervention. Sometimes scarring can also occur when a disk ruptures and its contents leak out.

3.) What is the purpose of it? .. 4.) How long does the procedure take? .. 5.) What is actually injected? .. 6.) Will the injection hurt?7.) Will I be "put out" for this procedure? .. 8.) How is the procedure performed? .. 9.) What should I expect after the injection?10.) When can I return to work? .. 11.) How long the effects of the medication last? .. 12.) How many times do I need to have this procedure performed? .. 13.) Can I have more than three procedures? .. 14.) Will the Epidurolysis (RACZ) Procedure help me? .. 15.) What are the risks and side effects? .. 16.) Who should not have this procedure?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: